J-1 SEVIS ESSENTIALS Scholar/Professor
About this course
Date: Wednesday, Oct. 12, 2022
9:00 a.m. EST – 4:00 p.m. EST
Conducted via Zoom
This workshop will focus on the J-1 Scholar/Professor categories and will address:
- J-1 Program Administration
- Professor, Research Scholar, Short term Scholar and Specialist categories
- Differences among these categories
- Selection process and criteria
- 212(e) and Skills List
- 12 month and 24 month bars
- Pre and post arrival information
- Required orientation and insurance
- Maintaining status
- Occasional Lectures
- Correct the record and reinstatement
- J-2 dependent
- Annual report
- SEVIS and recent Version Updates
- Gray area issues implementing J programs and policies
- Update on Department of State issues
Can I just enroll in a single course? I'm not interested in the entire specialization.
Yes you can.
What is the refund policy?
We issue a full refund if you cancel your course one week before the start of the course in question.
What background knowledge is necessary?
No background is necessary.
Do I need to take the courses in a specific order?
It is not necessary to take the courses in a specific order. If you are new to the P/DSO and A/RO positions, it is recommended that you enroll in each level consecutively.